Thursday, November 15, 2012

Super Excited!

I've been blogging for quite some time now, but never about beauty stuff. I guess I never really had the time or wanted to put in the effort to create a place to review products. With the fact that I just joined Influenster about a month ago, and the realization that I used quite a few products that are hit or miss, I decided that I should review my products, the same way I review restaurants on Yelp (yeah, I'm THAT girl). I mean, really, as a single mom who is usually on a budget, it's important to inform my other single mama friends (and everyone else) of what to splurge on and what to skip on.

A little bit about me: I'm a 29 year old Latina single mom of a totally awesome 9 year old boy. He is my light and my reason for working a full time job in community mental health and for going to school to get my Bachelor's. Yeah, it's not easy, but it is totally worth it. In addition to being a mama, and working and doing school work, I am also a girlfriend to a pretty fantastic guy. I got really lucky to be able to have an awesome guy in my life who pushes me to do my best and who motivates me to be a successful woman, in all that I do.

I live at home with my two younger sisters (well, at 22 and 25, they aren't that young) and my parents. They drive me crazy but without them all, I'm not really sure where I would be. Our house is sometimes like a mental asylum, but I don't think I would have it any other way.

I'm not the biggest makeup wearer or primper. I'm also not always the girliest girl. Anyone who knows me knows that I really love sports (GO DODGERS!) and I love things that typical girls don't like (pass the beer, please!). I love to dress up, but I also love to dress down, depending on the occasion. My sister's have nicknamed me Clarence, because shopping in the clearance section is my specialty. I love being able to look good while on a budget, as having extra money to buy expensive things is not usually in my budget. I hope you enjoy my blog and all that I have to offer...

No comments:

Post a Comment