Thursday, November 15, 2012

Crest 3D Whitestrips


Ok, so I have to admit I've been kinda bad with using any products lately, whether it be on my teeth or my hair or my nails. I received an awesome box with my first item from Influenster just a couple of weeks ago, but with my son's birthday and his party and my boyfriend's birthday and my coworker's baby shower that I planned, I didn't have any time to whiten my teeth, let alone breathe! With everything going on, I didn't want to half ass my usage, since the box on the Crest 3D Whitestrips suggests use for 20 days straight. I was worried that I was going to forget it and then skip days and then have some shitty ass results, so I just let it sit... for almost the past two weeks... In addition to being scared of forgetting (like a birth control pill), I was also scared because I've heard about how sensitive whitening can make teeth, and as someone with no dental insurance, I just chose not to put myself in that sort of situation where I would regret it later... but, the box had been staring at me, asking me when I would get on it so I could review it, and so I opened it up and read its directions last night.. FINALLY!
I decided to put the product to the test today. I decided that if I wait till when I get home, I will find excuses and reasons why I shouldn't put the strips on, so I put them on while I was at work. I opened up the box, pulled out one of the packets of whitening treatment (there are 20, for 20 days), and I went straight to our restroom and tore it open (the packet.. dirty minds!). I peeled off the smaller one and placed it, sticky side on my bottom teeth. I had a little extra, so I folded it over my teeth and put it so that it fit snugly. I noticed a white foaming right away. I then peeled off the larger strip from the backing and placed it gummy side on my top teeth and folded in the excess as well. It was an interesting feeling, as I had never tried any teeth whitening before. Both the top and bottom foamed almost right away, I'm guessing as a result of the peroxide on the dirt on my teeth, but it was pretty cool, minus the extra saliva and the fact that I talked a little funny at first.

I kept the strips on for 30 minutes, as suggested by the directions and then peeled them off. They were a little interesting to take off, but I almost felt an immediate sense of cleanliness afterwards. We shall see how this goes for the next 20 days, but I am super excited to see if there will be a difference made!

No comments:

Post a Comment